Good Times in Puerto Rico

Good Times in Puerto Rico
Cross overlooking Ponce

Monday, October 5, 2009

Why are you striving these days?
Why are you trying to earn grace?
Why are you crying?
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love?
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough?
To where will you go child?
Tell me where will you run?
To where will you run?

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life

'Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go

-"By Your Side" by Tenth Avenue North

These words have rung true in my life over the course of the last several months. But when I hear this song by Tenth Avenue North I find myself wondering whether they could possibly be true. Could God really do this? Did he really do this, for me? Are his hands really going to hold me? Why am I looking for love, when I've found everything I need? God is good and has proved that he's faithful, but even though he's faithful to us, we have a hard time being faithful to him. Why is that?

I had a great day yesterday, just thinking and dreaming. Hearing Woo share words about his friend, Julie, hit home. I remembered Kyle and Clay when he told her story. I remembered the last moments I spent with them, I remembered all the things that were said I remembered the people they were, and most importantly I remembered whose they were. May we never forget the small things that God gives us. May we continue to see his hand at work in our lives, in the big and small. He is always by our side.

1 comment:

  1. the lyrics really hit home for me too, Clark. thanks for sharing them. i find myself struggling with the desire to look elsewhere for fulfillment and love but i am constantly reminded of how much God loves me and how He will never let me go. it makes me wonder how so many in the world can live without that peace, knowing that their Savior has paid it all.

    ReplyDelete